You have 60 days after arriving in Maryland to obtain a new driver’s license and register your vehicle. Buy Maryland ID, To obtain your license, provide your name, proof of identification and residence, and your out-of-state license for a full-service MVA location.
- You must pass a vision test or bring a vision certification form (DL-043a) completed by an eye doctor or optometrist.
- Your old out-of-state license cannot expire or be suspended for more than one year.
- The fee for a new Maryland license is $45, $15 for photo IDs over 16, and $5 for those under 16.
- Persons under the age of 18 who wish to convert their out-of-state license must also have a driver‘s education certificate. If licensed for less than 18 months, you will be issued a provisional license.
Applicants with a foreign license who wish to obtain a learner’s permit, driver’s license, Maryland ID replacement, or ID card and do not have a valid employment authorization card (I-688A, I-688B, or I-766) or a valid passport with a U.S. visa and refugee arrival/departure record (I-94) or permanent resident card (I-551) must call 1-800-950-1682 to schedule an appointment.
How can I buy a fake Maryland ID card online?
Renewing your permit
Under Maryland law, you may renew your license by mail or in person at an MVA branch.
The renewal fee is
- 30 for a driver’s license
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) $50
Renewal by Mail
If you receive a new “renewal by mail” package, you can renew your license by mail. Maryland ID card for minors, Complete the “Renewal by Mail” application and send it 15 days before your current license expires for the appropriate fee. Your license will be sent to you by mail.
If you are unable to renew by mail
- Your address is incorrect on the renewal notice.
- Your address has changed.
Since you received your renewal package, you submitted a request to MVA to correct or update your address.
Note: If you are over 40 years of age, you must complete your doctor’s and sign the “Proof of Vision” section of the renewal form. You must use the form that came with your renewal package or your renewal will not be processed.
Bring your expired license and the appropriate fee to an MVA branch. You do not need to take additional tests to renew your license within one year of its expiration date. However, it is illegal to drive with an expired license. Maryland state ID, If you are over 40 years old, you will have to take a vision test at MVA or bring a vision form filled out by your doctor.
If you have never had a license, you must first obtain a learner’s permit, which can be converted to a provisional license after six months of training. After holding a provisional license for 18 months, the driver can apply for a full license. Maryland driver’s license, You must be at least 15 years and 9 months old to apply for a learner’s permit.